We exist through many households that are scattered throughout Gauteng. Strong households with well trained pastors move the church citywide. Our focus shifted from Sunday events to the effective working and operating of many households. This is where members receive care, and opportunity to function. The focus shifted from a church in Pierre van Ryneveld (community type church) to a citywide church. We take the church to the people during the week and then on Sunday mornings we all gather to celebrate and worship together at HomeBase.
In Acts the Bible tells us we need to be in relationships for our personal and spiritual growth. As Paul and the early Christians taught and received teaching “from house to house,” we too must respond in our walk with Christ in each others homes (Acts 5:42; 20:20)! Why did they do this? Because they needed to be connected to one another in their fragmented and persecuted world, we desperately need to be connected too! They needed a way and place to do as Christ modeled and taught them, the multiplication of disciples, leaders, and churches so that God’s Kingdom will be built and glorified.
- Households foster close relationships and integral community.
- Households provide an ideal way to care for the needs of people within the church.
- Households provide a way for Christians to live out their faith instead of merely hearing more preaching or teaching.
- Households participate in focused prayer for one another.
- Households enable you to grow in the gifts of the Spirit, in edifying each other.
- Households provide a comfortable atmosphere for openness.
- Households allow for mutual edification among believers.
- Households encourage better learning.
- Households provide a source of encouragement and accountability.
- Households help to cultivate leadership within the church.